My occasional breakfast/lunch: Avocado toast. I’m sure there’s several ways to fancy pants this, but I like mine simple. This is healthy but it still feels decadent.
- Use 1 avocado for two pieces of bread, or 2 avocados for four.
- Cut and mash avocados – I like to keep some chunky pieces instead of mashing up completely. Sprinkle some salt and lots of ground black pepper, mix throughout.
- Toast bread very lightly.
- Spread mashed avocado mixture evenly on toast.
- Drizzle with some olive oil, more ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.