Here’s an easy tofu lasagna recipe for all you busy bodies on a budget. This freezes very well. Total cost: $16.
- 1 16 ounce box lasagna noodles, cooked & drained
- 1 12 ounce package firm, organic tofu, drained & rinsed
- 2 zucchini
- 1 12 ounce shredded (hormone free) mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounce ricotta cheese (this you can skip)
- 2 16 ounce jar tomato sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Optional – we also used several handfuls of leftover spinach – but you can substitute with other leftover vegetables you have on hand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, crumble in the drained and rinsed hard tofu.
- Add 12 oz of shredded mozzarella, ricotta cheese, and spices.
- Fold together everything in the bowl with a large spoon. Set aside.
- In a 9” x 13” pan, spoon a layer of spaghetti sauce.
- Then add a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Spoon on a layer of filling, then a layer of sauce, then a layer of noodles.
- Continue layering like this until you run out of ingredients.
- Top with remaining 4 oz mozzarella.
- Cook for 45 min to 1 hr, or until hot and bubbly.
- Cut in squares.